Over forty-seven years of outstanding service and experience in municipal government, the not-for-profit and private sector.
Tenure in New York City government, not for profits and private sector;
- Currently employed in St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx as Senior Vice President for Government & Community Affairs & Chief Diversity Officer
- Thirteen years employed at Tonio Burgos & Associates advising clients from Fortune 500 to community organizations, with a specialty in health care/human services and not for profits;
- Served as Executive Director of NYC Police Museum with a focus on minority community interaction with the Department and honoring the 9/11 legacy;
- Serviced as Deputy Mayor for Education & Human Services of the City of New York;
- Served as a Member of the NYC Board of Education for 12 years;
- Served as Trustee to Fashion Institute of Technology & St. Francis College;
- Currently serving as Trustee to Metropolitan College of NY;
- Currently serving as a Deacon on governance board of Primitive Christian Church and in the teaching ministry;
- Currently serving on Board of Directors – SOMOS New York;
- Recipient of awards and certificates from over 50 institutions, most recent 50over50/The Age Disrupters.
B.A., New York University, 1973
J.D., New York Law School, 1982, Admitted 1st Department, June 1983
Honorary Degree of Doctor of Civil Law, Dowling College, 1999
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary – pursing a Masters in Urban Ministry